Tuesday 23 August 2016

Chris Raschka I



I have been completing lots of research for my dissertation in the last few weeks, and yesterday whilst I was busy referencing, this book by Chris Raschka was mentioned in a lecture. I wanted to see what it was like, especially as Chris Raschka had already been mentioned as being a very interesting illustrator, because he was so musical and how his music had transcended into his illustration style.



I do love this books layered colours and shapes they speak eloquently of music to me, and remind me of the many wonderful 1950'2 1960's Jazz album covers.

2 comments:

  1. You should check out his book on Thelonius Monk: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mysterious-Thelonious-Chris-Raschka/dp/0531300579 . I saw him 'perform' it at a book festival. He pulled to pages out accordian style across the stage. The colored squares were actually notes. And he read the story with a beat accompanied by a jazz trio. It was absolutely FABULOUS!!! :) e

    ReplyDelete